TENS is short for Trans cutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. The T.E.N.S generates electrical impulses that are sent through electrodes placed over nerve centers. The various pulses employed by TENS can block pain signals normally sent to the brain through nerve bers, thereby interrupting the brain’s awareness of pain. The TENS may activate the release of endorphins. These are chemicals in the control system by the body to suppress pain naturally. It is no longer necessary for many people to endure chronic or constant pain. The use of TENS usually improves pain management significantly. TENS is safe, non-invasive, drug free, non-addictive and has no side effects. The TENS can reduce the need for pain narcotics and drugs. Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician.
HOW DOES TENS WORK
TENS work by two different methods. High frequency TENS, is based on the theory that continuous mild electrical activity blocks the pain signal traveling to the brain. If the pain signal does not get through to the brain, the pain is not “felt”. The second way TENS work is by stimulating the body’s own natural pain control mechanism. Low frequency or short bursts of electrical activity causes the body to release its own pain relieving substance, called endorphins.
HOW THE TENS PAIN CONTROL UNITS WORK
Pain’s is the body’s warning system. It is a way of letting an individual knows that something is wrong. TENS is a safe non-invasive drug free method of pain management. It relieves pain by sending small electrical impulses through electrodes placed on the skin to underlying nerve bers. TENS is believed to work by two different mechanisms. First, electrical stimulation of the nerve bers can block a pain signal from being carried to the brain. If the signal is blocked, pain is not perceived. Secondly, the body has its own mechanism for suppressing pain. It does this by releasing natural chemicals called endorphins in the brain which act as analgesics. TENS may activate this mechanism. By effectively managing pain without drug, TENS allows many people with chronic pain conditions to resume daily activity.
- It is most important to check that the main power line through which the unit is to be used. It should be 220 Volts 50 Cycles AC.
- No nylon Silk, Jari, Terylene, Jersy should cover the part to be treated.
- Connect one end of main cord to the socket on the back of the machine and the other end with 2 pin plug to the main line socket.
- Connect the output wire to the OUTPUT socket provided on the unit.
- Set the treatment timer.
- Set the mode with the help of switches located on the front of the panel.
- Fix the electrode with the help of belts provided with the unit.
- Increase the output gradually and slowly.
- Output given to the patient is displayed on the front panel.
- It is advisable to give moderate comfortable intensity to the patient.
- If you want to change the treatment mode please close the intensity and change the mode switch and open the intensity knob.
- In case machine stops working and ON/OFF switch does not glow even when the timer is in on position, switch off the machine take out the main line from the back of the unit, take the fuse located in the back of the unit and check the fuse and if the fuse is black or the wire in the fuse is broken then replace the fuse.
- TENS Cable 4 Pc
- TENS Pad 8 Pc.
- Velcro Belt 6 Pc.
- Unit Cover 1 Pc.
- Instruction Manual 1 Pc.
- Select for Frequency 6. Intensity control for CH-1
- Select for Programs 7. Intensity control for CH-2
- Select Time for Down 8. Intensity control for CH-3
- Select Time for Up 9. Intensity control for CH-4
- Select for Start/Stop 10. LCD Display 11. Indicator for output
- SL. PROGRAMS FREQUENCY PULSE WITH TIMER
- Brust-1 2-125 Hz 60 0-99 Min
- Continuous 2-125 Hz 60 0-99 Min
- Brust-2 2-125 Hz 60 0-99 Min
- Pulse Width Mode 2-125 Hz 20 0-99 Min
- Sweep 2 Hz 60 0-99 Min
- Combi 125-2-125 Hz 100-20-100 0-99 Min